Sunday, August 30, 2009

Recording this journey

I've decided that I'm going to keep a record of this pregnancy, to document the highs and lows, ups and downs, and general changes that accompany a twin pregnancy.

I've been pregnant before, twice actually, with two beautiful boys to prove it. But this time around, as we double down with our twins, it's been an entirely different ballgame, so to speak.

As for now, here are the basics. I am married (13 years!) have a 5 year old and an almost 3 year old here at home with me. We decided to try for one more, and ended up with two (bonus!) so we'll be going from 2 kiddos to 4 (yikes!). I am 34 years old, so I fall into that fabulous category of "Advanced Maternal Age," as I will be 35 by the time they arrive. Which by due date is December 14th, but by all likelihood, will be sometime after Nov 7 (my brother's wedding) and Thanksgiving, which falls at 37 1/2 weeks.

So, right now I am 24 weeks and 6 days. I go to the OB every other week, and the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor once a month. The babies look great so far. Baby A is another boy, and he is currently on my left side, head down. Baby B is my girl (finally!) and she is till transverse, across the top of my belly. They are both weighing in at about 1.5 lbs, so right on track fro where they should be.

I think that about covers it--I'm gonna stop, because I am worn out from setting this blog up! But I'll check back in again soon.
Thanks so much fro dropping by. Leave me a note to let me know you were here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment