Tuesday, November 3, 2009

34 weeks, and the OB called me a STUD :)

Yes, that's right--he said I Was twin-momma stud! Everything is progressing very well--no complications, no troubles, no worries...

(::knock on wood::)

I have to say, it's kind of nice to be a boring high-risk OB patient!
And that even though I am more uncomfortable and crabby than I have ever been in my entire life, it's all for good reason and producing the results we want.

The NST was great this week--the babies both did great, and it only took about 45 minutes--yay!

And at my OB check, I'm still dilated just a tiny bit, almost 1 cm. And my cervix is still long and high, so labor doesn't appear to be imminent.

So when will labor be imminent? I wish I knew. We discussed a scheduled c-section, and got in on the schedule for exactly 38 weeks. I was pushing for 37, but he wouldn't do it, so 38 it is. But he agreed that this is really probably not when we will meet the babies, as they will probably decide to come on their own before then. But he's just guessing, of course. Having done with before, with singletons, I was exactly 39 weeks with each one, so I tend to go a little early anyway. But it is nice to know I have an end in sight--still a bit of a ways off, but it is in sight now :)

So now I am praying that Baby A will flip (still) so we can have a vaginal delivery, and that the babies will stay put until they are able to stay in-room with me instead of the NICU, and are able to latch and nurse without too much trouble. We'll see if they'll agree to these requests...

No comments:

Post a Comment