Tuesday, November 10, 2009

35 wks--aka: it's my party and I'll cry if I want to...

Oh, the hormones!
As of yesterday, at my 35 week check, everything was, once again, perfect! Such good news, and yet, I can't seem to stop crying :) I am an emotional wreck.
The OB said everything looks SO good, and I am doing SO well, and then asked how I was feeling. And I just couldn't even keep it together. I couldn't talk. I just cried.
{I am crying again typing this.}
He sympathized, as best a male OB can, and said, "It's hard, isn't it? It's ok that it's hard. Your body is doing a lot of hard, hard work right now." And then I got myself together, left the office with a big, red, splotchy-faced smile, and got in my car and started crying again--and cried all the way home. My aunt was watching my boys, and I couldn't even stop crying when I went in the house. She, of course, thought something was wrong, so I quickly assured her, that no, everything was great, but I still can't stop crying. UGH!
I feel like such a baby, but I am so tired of this. I want to be done, and yet I want to keep them in as long as they want to be there, so that are as big and strong as possible when they are born.
So, I'm focusing on the positives--my babies look very healthy, I am very healthy, my other 2 boys are very healthy, and at the MOST, I have 20 days left. But at this point, each and every day feels exponentially harder...and there is just no relief. My skin feels strectched to it's absiolute limits, the babies seem to busting out at every angle. And, oh, yes, I am measuring 44 weeks right now--imagine that on my 5'2" body!
And to top it off, I am pretty frightened about the c/s, too, so that doesn't really help...
Ok, ok, ok--enough of my pity party! Compared to many, many, many women who are pregnant with multiples, I have little to complain about, so I'll just simmer down now!
Have a great day!!!

2 comments:

  1. You can make it! I cried every time at the OB's either there or on the way out. And if I didn't cry my BP was so high they had to retake it for fear of pre-eclampsia. The Dr's stressed me out and the hormones made me crazy. But I assure you, the little ones will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I can sympathize with you trust me. I am so uncomfy! Last night I slept a hour before I was achy and had the worst heartburn on the planet that wouldn't go away! I have one baby in my ribs and the other bouncing on my bladder and cervix! I just want this done and over with! I have to keep telling myself "Its not about me"! We'll make it through, and hopefully after that this will seem like a bad dream! Lol.

    ReplyDelete